Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

My determination paid off and I made it to Bountiful Baskets last week (18th). I was pretty excited about the basket, especially the apples since my kindergartner had told me about 12 times that he needed one for school the next Monday.



It has now been a few days and I'm sad to report that the bananas and pears were a complete bust. Neither of them ripened, despite my best effort. I also ordered some peaches in addition to the regular basket. I wanted to can them. They were not ripe enough on Saturday. I hoped all week that they would soften up. Today they were starting to spoil. They were unsuitable for canning so I used them for jam. It wasn't a total waste, but they certainly were not very tasty on their own. Everything else has been satisfactory.

0 comments: