Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

As I looked at my near empty produce drawer today I wished again that I had participated more regularly in Bountiful Baskets.

Bountiful Baskets is a co-op run out of Arizona. It is a great place to get a bunch of produce for a great price. The tricky part is that you have to order your basket on Monday for the following Saturday, and you also don't know what items you're going to get. The following things have to line up in order to participate: you must remember to get on the computer at 8:00pm on Monday (for UT) especially where I live because the baskets will shortly sell out, you've got to be available to pick the basket up the following Saturday, and then there is the small issue of money, $16.50 for fruits and vegies, more for add ons. This summer the stars aligned only twice for me.

6/29
cantaloupe, mini watermelon, 6 bananas, 8 nectarines, 18 brussel sprouts, 3 lbs of apples, pineapple, iceberg lettuce, broccoli, 3 tomatoes, 2 celery, 6 corn.

8/7

I'm determined to get a basket this next week. I've checked my calendar, I've got 16 bucks to my name, now I just need to remember order on Monday.

2 comments:

Zach and Sarah said...

I never, ever, ever remember. That's why I've just decided to go to Ream's every Friday for my produce. It requires a bit of a drive, but at least I know what I'm going to get:)

Coupon Person said...

Good call, Sarah. I like Reams.