Sunday, June 27, 2010

Yummy Goodness

I curse the day my mom introduced me to this recipe. It is so easy, tasty, and I always have the ingredients on hand.

Delicious Popcorn:

3 bags of popped microwave popcorn (take out the unpopped kernels)

1 c butter
1/2 c corn syrup
1 1/2 c sugar

Heat over medium heat until boiling. Boil for 2 1/2 minutes. Pour over popcorn on a cookie sheet.

FYI:
When I use super buttery microwave popcorn I reduce the butter to 1/2 cup.
When I don't have microwave popcorn I use the old fashioned stuff, but add a few shakes of salt to the fished product.
I dump the popcorn in my roaster pan. It has high sides so it makes less mess when I pour on the syrup.

1 comments:

Sal-my-gal said...

I have one of those deliciouse gooey caramel corn recipes too! I can't stop eating it when I make it. Even though I know it's 300 calories in a cup!