Monday, February 15, 2010

Produce Makes Me Happy

I can't express how happy it makes me to have a fridge drawer full of produce. Things are just better when I can tell my kids to grab a piece of fruit or a carrot if they're hungry.

I missed last weeks Bountiful Baskets order, but was able to visit Reams on Saturday for an "Early Bird" sale. Look at all the stuff I got for under $13.00.

I would have grabbed more oranges, but they were out. I wasn't an early enough bird apparently.

Springville Reams produce deals are advertised in the Sunday Daily Herald. If you don't get the paper you can sign up for the Savvy Shopper emails. Or you can watch for the list on my preferred website Pinching Your Pennies.

This weeks deals:
Red, Green or Gold Bell Peppers- $.50/each
Large Russet Potatoes- $.25/lb
Red & Green Seedless Grapes- $.99/lb
Cucumbers- $.33/ea
Red or Green Pears- $.89/lb
Large Oranges- $.39/lb
Red Potatoes- $2.99/20 lb
Roma Tomatoes- $.59/lb
Dole Salad Blends - $1.50
Apples- $2.99/5lbs
Carrots- $.99/2 lb
Leaf Lettuce- $.69/ea
Asparagus- $1.79/lb
Medium Yellow Onions- $.33/lb
Organic Roma Tomatoes- $.99/lb
Zucchini- $.69/lb
Cabbage- $.39/lb
Lemons- $.33/ea
Small Texas Grapefruit- $.34/ea

0 comments: