Sunday, May 10, 2009

Freecycle


Ever heard of Freecycle? Here is there mission statement: "Our mission is to build a worldwide gifting movement that reduces waste, saves precious resources & eases the burden on our landfills while enabling our members to benefit from the strength of a larger community."

What you do is you sign up for a group in your area. FREECYCLE.ORG After you sign up (by way of Yahoo account) you can receive emails of things people are offering or looking for. If you want the item or can fulfill a request you respond to them via email. Recently I got 5 great pairs of gently used boys pants for my oldest son. I also was recently looking for a baseball mitt for my left hander and two people people offered one to me.

Freecycle is a great place to donate big items that you don't want to lug to the dump or can't give to DI. We got rid of a car, a couch, and a broken drier all on freecycle. I have also donated smaller things that I was sick of having around my house including a couple of well used baby strollers and car seats, out dated canned and boxed foods, and other miscellaneous odds and ends.

Anyway, check it out.

1 comments:

Carline said...

Freecycle is a good source for giving stuff away and it just got social at ToolzDo. You'll also find other opportunities for saving.
http://www.toolzdo.com/how_it_works