Thursday, May 21, 2009

Cream Soup Replacement

I've been dying to try this recipe. I'm adding it here so that I can find it when I get around to trying it.

Cream of Chicken Condensed Soup Recipe:

• Grind: 4 T of any white bean (lima, navy, etc.) to make 5 T bean flour
• Combine: 5 T bean flour, 1 ¾ c. water , 4 t chicken bouillon into a saucepan
• Cook: On stovetop at medium temperature until thick and delicious (whisk frequently).The soup should cook in 3 minutes! (this may be longer if your grinder makes a very coarse flour).

Use this with cooked veggies and or meat for a complete meal. You can also add this to recipes calling for cream of chicken soup cans (I have found this replaces a can plus the water or milk in recipes). Food Storage Made Easy

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I have a blogger award for you. Stop by my blog and pick it up.

Ashley Moore’s last blog post...
WOW! More Blog Awards!

Julie said...

I'll have to try it out.

The Deal Diva said...

Great idea! And this would be great to have on hand...I'm always running out of cream soups...just about when I need a can for a recipe.