Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Emergency Essentials Food Storage Analyzer

Emergency Essentials has a pretty neat food storage tool on their Preparedness Pantry site. It is a food storage analyzer where you input the items in your food storage and the ages and genders of the members in your family. It will then tell you how long your food storage will last. You can include items in buckets, #10 cans, MRE, and even regular grocery items.

You'll be happy to know that my family of 7 has a current supply of food that will last us 114 days.

I liked the analyzer because I could see where some obvious holes in my food storage lie. I know I could use a lot more grains, more sugar, more oil, and meats. Well, from the looks of it I could use a little more of everything.

Check it out, then post about it on your blog and you can get a $10 gift card to Emergency Essentials. Happy food storage analyzing!


Gift Card Giveaway

2 comments:

Sal-my-gal said...

Cool tool! I have a feeling we'll be showing up to your house for dinner : )

Rindee said...

That is one of the best calculators I've seen. Very thourough. There is another one that I like that is much more simple and it's FREE. You can find it at:
http://www.stockupfood.com/
It's easy to use and a little more general so or example: if your family doesn't like lima beans, you aren't going to have a big ZERO in the lima bean section. As long as you have enough legumes, you're good.