Thursday, April 2, 2009

Making things at home

Over the last few weeks I have tried the following recipes:

Creamy Bean Soup
This is EXCELLENT! I highly recommend it to bean lovers great and small.

Graham Crackers
My children LOVED these. I didn't care for the molasses flavor and I also didn't roll them thin enough (because I don't own a rolling pin). I will make this (or a similar recipe) again.

Hamburger Buns
These were good in a pinch, but I'm not ready to replace store bought ones, yet.

French Bread
This has serious possibilities. I think my pan of water was too large, so my oven rack was up too high. My bread overcooked on the top. They looked pretty and tasted good though. Maybe I should watch the second tutorial.

I also made another french bread recipe, I'm not sure where I got the recipe. It wasn't too noteworthy though.

1 comments:

Rachelle Gundy said...

I have recipe for graham crackers that calls for more honey and I don't think it has any molasses. And kids seem to love it too!