Thursday, December 11, 2008

So many deals, so little time.

Hello friends, I just got back from Walgreens with my SIL. There are fantastic deals there every week, but I don't write them out every week because I don't always make it there. This makes me want to share Couponing lesson 1: Sometimes you can't get every deal. Especially where I live. My area is saturated with couponers, deal seekers, and food storage enthusiasts. Unless I check back at a store over and over again, or go first thing in the morning the first day of any given sale (which is impossible for me at some places, since I avoid shopping on Sundays), then I'm not going to get everything.

Lesson 2: Get the best deals you can, for you. I often read about people scoring TONS of stuff for NOTHING! I have to remember that this "hobby" of mine (borderline obsessions) does not replace time spent (out of the grocery store) with my children, or with my husband.

Anyway, about Walgreens, they are running a promotion where you get a $5 off coupon (register reward) when you spend $25 in one transaction. This goes from until 12/13. The great deal is that your total can be way less than that after coupons and you'll still get the register reward. Today I bought:
2-3 packs of Scotch tape $2 (will get $2 back in rebate)
1-Schick Razor $6.99 (used $4 manufacturers coupon, and a $3 Walgreens store coupon)
1-Crest toothpaste $3.79 (used Manufactures coupon for a FREE product)
1-Listerine mouthwash $4.79 (used Manufactures coupon for a FREE product)
1- Bottle water $.99(used Walgreens coupon for a FREE product)
4- Hersheys kisses packages $10 (will get $5 back in rebate and used 4 $1 off manufacturers' coupons)
Total: $28.56
After coupons: $7.99
After rebates and $5 off promotion: $.99

And FYI- a register reward is a coupon that you use on your next shopping order. They expire, so don't throw out money. Check the date and use them before they expire. If you can't make it back to Walgreens, you can use them at Albertsons.

So, if you have a Walgreen nearby now is good time to use up your high value coupons, buy make-up, or baby items.

0 comments: