Thursday, November 13, 2008

Romano's Macaroni Grill Pasta: Product Review



I got this item free the other day. The box was damaged so it was marked down to $.99 and I had a $1.00 off manufacturer's coupon. I cooked it up and was pleased with the taste. You have to provide your own chicken, but the noodles, sauce and seasonings are provided with the box. It didn't taste quite as good as the restaurant, and I'm sure you could pull the taste together using spices and sauce from your pantry, but of course for free you can't beat it.

Would I pay for it though? Well, last week I did pre-pay $.66 each for 3 (I haven't received them yet, since they were out-of-stock). Knowing what I know now, I think I would go up to $.75 on this item, but no more. They will be nice to have for last minute meals, but you still need to have chicken on hand so it's not like you're getting a complete meal for pennies. It's not an item I'll have stocked up. It totally beats Hamburger Helpers though-for about the same price (assuming you got your chicken cheap a couple weeks ago like I said to:)).

If you see 'em on sale somewhere here is printable coupon

1 comments:

Jen Bird said...

I seriously have wanted to learn how to save money on grocery shopping! So I'll have to learn from you because I am so bad! I've even been trying to look up how to do it. So I'll be checking your blog ofen to see how it's done! Thanks for the great tips!