Thursday, November 13, 2008

Kohls Credit Card

I am a faithful "Pinching your Pennies" gal. Besides putting together lists of coupons and sale items, they also have a "Screaming deals online" forum. For years I ignored a thread called "Current Kohls.com Codes & Deals." After all there wasn't a Kohls store nearby me so I didn't think it would be useful to me. One day, when I was bored, I checked the thread out and saw absolutely fantastic prices on clothing and household items. I'm talking $1.50 for pj's, $2 for pants, $2.50 for shirts, etc. Plus, there were codes for additional % savings. The catch-the dreaded shipping charges. However, Kohl's Credit card holders could get their items shipped for free.

I deliberated (secretly-I knew my husband would not be on board) and decided to go ahead and sign up for a credit card. I know, I know it was against all good financial (Dave Ramsey) advice. You know what though? I have scored fantastic deals over the last few months, and have not gone crazy or into debt.

The other day I ordered this:

I got it for for $2.71, and it is nice. I plan on gifting it to one of my many cute nephews.

So, I've been happy with my decision to sign up for the card. I've got about 9 items saved for Christmas gifts (for nieces and nephews) that cost me $3 at the most. An added bonus is that there is now a Kohl's store relatively close to me so if I need to return something the brick and mortar store is nearby. Some have said that they buy the items cheap online (even if the size they want is not available) and take it to the store to exchange it for the correct size. I don't have any experience with that, but it sounds like a great way to get what you need for super cheap.

Here is a link for the current deals:Kohls.com deals

1 comments:

Julie said...

Like the new background. Gotta love getting stuff for like $2 or $3 and not having to take kids to the store while you look through it all.