Saturday, September 6, 2008

Pretty Good Buys


Today I purchased:
12 boxes of Cheerios, 14 oz
6 Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, 8 oz
6 Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls, 12 oz
6 cans Old EL Paso Enchilada Sauce, 10 oz
2 Packages Old El Paso taco shells, 12 ct
4 Progresso Bread Crumbs, 14 oz
4 boxes Curves bars, 6 ct

I used a coupon for each item. All but 2 of my coupons I printed off the internet. With the current promotion (buy 10 items save $5) and the coupons I used, I paid $.50 for each item, except the Curves bars which cost $.75 each. I also got 80 Bonus Box Tops. Not too shabby.

To find the printable coupons go to: Pinchingyourpennies.com>forums>screamingdealsbystate>Utah>Albertsons List>First post in the thread has the shopping list with the coupon links.

I also was in need of diapers. Instead of running to Orem to buy some at Costco, or even to Walmart for generics, I got a box of 104 for 21.99. I saved $5 for buying $20 worth of Kimberly-Clark products, and used a $2 coupon. So for $14.99 I got a big box of good diapers and also 40 Bonus Boxtops.

Albertsons is also having a deal on Dove products. I got 3 Dove shampoos and 2 Sunsilk shampoos, all 14 oz. for $20. I used 3-$2 coupons, and 2-$1.50 coupons, plus saved $7 with the current promotion. That comes out to $.28 a piece for the Dove shampoo's and $.39 for the Sunsilks.

0 comments: