Thursday, April 15, 2010

More Homemade Cleaners

These recipes are from Tightwad Mom

Eventually I'll get around to trying them out.

Multi Purpose Cleaner
2 cups of water
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 tablespoon dish soap
1 tablespoon of Borax
Whisk the ingredients together in a measuring cup until Borax is dissolved. Pour into a spray bottle.
This cleaner is great for:

* greasy kitchen messes (especially stove tops)
* dirty refrigerators doors
* cleaning kitchen counter tops
* cleaning kitchen cabinets
* dirty finger prints on doors and walls
* cleaning bathroom counter tops and tubs. Your faucets will sparkle when you are done!

Disinfecting Cleaner

2 tablespoons ammonia
1/2 cup alcohol
1/4 white vinegar
2 1/2 - 3 cups water

Pour first three ingredients in a spray bottle. Add in water. Screw spray nozzle on spray bottle tightly and shake to combine ingredients.

2 comments:

Aly said...

I'm a fan of natural cleaners because I'm allergic to many detergents. I've used a vinegar solution to mop my floor for years and buy baking soda in the giant bags at Costco. I do use a lot of the regular cleaners too but have to be careful of the things that make me sick.

The Prudent Homemaker said...

I'll have to try these!