Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Price Sheet

At the end of January I was anxious to see how much I had spent on groceries. I mentioned before that I keep a price sheet with all my purchases detailed. Here is part of my January Price Sheet

You see that I I am fairly detailed on my list (date, store, description, etc). I added the category recently because it allowed me to sort my items better. (I could see how much I'd spent on meat, milk, etc.)

On my spreadsheet, when I click on the top of the "spent" column, it totals it for me, allowing me to see what I have spent overall. The sad truth, is that I spent WAY too much in January. I noticed I bought some good stuff, but seeing the totals has sobered me up a bit. (I'm too embarrassed to show you, I'd lose all credibility). Anyway, hopefully that gives you an example of what your spreadsheet can look like.

0 comments: